7.16.2008

quote of the day

busy p -- photo c. 1973

Busy P, to P(utz)fork:

"I just met [Justice] at a raclette* dinner that [Ed Banger's graphic designer] So-Me invited me to. I was the oldest one at the dinner, and they later told me that they were a bit impressed that I was there. At the end of the evening they asked me if they could play me a track, which was "We Are Your Friends". I took the track, told them to come to my office the next day, and signed a contract with them. That night I had a party at the Le Pulp club in Paris. I played the track, and the club went crazy. I knew I had something special. For me this record is a generational anthem, and I think it will be something that the kids of today will still like to remember when they are 30 years old."

Yeah, Busy P. We'll remember it when we're thirty, and we will listen to it and reminisce about our youth and the glory days of Ed Banger. We will do this when we are thirty, because, you know, we'll be SO OLD then.

Isn't Busy P like, 40 or something? Dude's old. WTF?

*On a side note, raclette is the best/most dangerous way to eat food EVR. Totally almost burnt down a raclette restaurant in Paris once.

No comments: