7.23.2008

a mixtape named cudi

man on the moon, KiD CuDi

Cleveland's KiD CuDi, whose obsessively good "Day N Night (Crookers Remix)" dropped earlier this year, just put out a free(!) mixtape that's making its way around the music blogosphere as of late. I finally downloaded it, and my initial impression of it is good. Given that my first exposure to CuDi was the considerably upbeat Crookers remix, the mixtape is a lot more slow-jam/R&B-influenced than I expected, but I think the chill vibe suits CuDi -- just listen to the chorus of "Day N Night" or the track "Maui Wowie" and I think you'll see why. And we can always leave it to the blog-house circuit to upgrade the tracks to bangers, I suppose (lol). There's also a sick Band of Horses sample on one track that I really enjoyed, and CuDi also name-drops Justice, Google, and Barack Obama at points -- I chuckled accordingly.

Get KiD CuDi's "A Kid Named CuDi" mixtape HERE.

**End-note**
Based on the photo above, is it not glaringly obvious that KiD CuDi's signed to Fool's Gold? (heh)

No comments: