7.15.2008

little boots, of many varieties

(is it just me or does she look a lot like kate hudson?)

Little Boots is a British pop chanteuse (formerly of Dead Disco) who gained considerable buzz on the blog-circuit earlier this year with the release of the aptly-named "Stuck on Repeat." She's back with a noteworthy follow-up, "Meddle." It's catchy, sassy, and kind of makes me want to drive around with my girlfriends and blast it with the windows down? I really like the subtle spoken male vocals hidden behind the verses, and the (JT-esque) choral interlude is tight. Free mp3 via onewordfish:

Little Boots // Meddle

Speaking of little boots, I've been seeing these crazy little ankle boot/sandal hybrids all over the Interweb:

[IMG_6041.jpg]
(from the Face Hunter...I covet those tights)

[7018GucciCameraweb.jpg]
(from the Sartorialist)

I think I like the leather version better. They're both cute, though. Hopefully UO is stocking an adequate pair of knock-offs?

No comments: