11.19.2009

new anco out... err, LEAKED today


I dig. Go figure.

To be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of the live "What Would I Want Sky", but the final product is polished and pleasant. The rest of EP is equally enjoyable, and brings together old and new AnCo sounds into a release that's both earthy and experimental. My only complaints are minor: "Graze" does get a bit kitschy with the pan-flute, and "On a Highway" sounds suspiciously similar to older AnCo songs. (Can anyone pinpoint the hook I'm thinking of?) Regardless, it's another stellar release from Animal Collective, and in a pretty dismal year for music releases, it's nice to have an old favorite deliver quality noise to my ears.

Animal Collective // What Would I Want Sky (album version)

2 comments:

Sutton said...

dismal year for releases?!

Emily said...

Well, for ME it was?