9.14.2008

BOO, 'YE.


WTF is up with the new Kanye track? The recorded version "Love Lockdown" leaked this week, giving us a slightly better impression of the song than his raucous rendition of it at the VMA's. And to clarify: I use the term "slightly better" solely in terms of our ability to gauge the merit of this track -- because after listening to it, I think the overall impression is far worse. I was really hoping that the studio version would have incorporated some crazy beats, heavy bass, or even some RAPPING, Kanye? But no, no, and no -- the recording is equally as bland and unimpressive as the VMA performance.

So seriously -- WTF is up with Kanye right now? Why is he shunning his roots as an amazing hip-hop producer and witty MC to make watered-down pop music that sounds like a reject JT track? I'm holding out hope that maybe, just MAYBE, he'll come to his senses before releasing a mediocre album that all but destroys his credibility in the music world. Until then, I'll just try to happy with the fact that I caught the Glow in the Dark Tour before 'Ye fell so far from grace.

Sad.

Download: Kanye West // Love Lockdown

No comments: